cPanel is simply the "Industry leading hosting platform". It is a way to access all the features and resources of your hosting account. In the really old days you use to have access your resources only through a command line. There have since been many Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). cPanel is one of them. It has been around since 1994 and is still going strong today.cPanel is a web hosting control panel (software that facilitates the management of a web hosting server) developed by cPanel, L.L.C., an American corporation. The software provides a graphical interface (GUI) and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site to the website owner or the "end user".
We use this on some of our hosting servers as a way for customers to manage their own sites. This has seen us able to reduce the cost of hosting as it is very easy to use and reduces calls and support tickets.
You can do so much with a cPanel account that we are putting together a separate guide to using it, on top of the help available in cPanel itself.
There are several tariffs available to customers and they can choose the tariff that is right for them. You can also move up to a higher or down to a lower tariff at any time as long as your resource usage allows for it. We also do managed accounts for clients who want to have a cPanel account to perhaps give to their web development company but still want to have help with the control panel and perhaps just have us do everything for them. That way they can just submit a support ticket and we carry out the work for you. It also means that we will proactively look after certain things for you. As you will still have a cPanel account you will be able to make changes if you need to. Some clients are happy to setup email accounts in their cPanel account but don't want to touch anything else. To discuss a managed account contact us to discuss your needs.
Here is a list of the main things you can do from your cPanel account.
NOTE: Some items will be dependant on the plan you select
- File manager - Allows you to view, edit, delete, upload, download, expand (zip files etc).
- Manage FTP accounts
- See current FTP connections
- Manage Private folders, add password folders etc.
- See Disk usage - which folders are taking up the most room
- Manage Web Disk accounts
- Images - Manage, convert and scan images in your account
- PHPMyAdmin - Direct access to manage your SQL databases
- MySQL Databases - Add,delete databases and add, edit or remove database users
- Remote Access MySQL - Control who can access your database remotely
- Add domains to the hosting server (doesn't register the domain, that is done in your shop account)
- Addon Domains - These are domains that you can register on the server and have their own folder to operate in.
- Alias domains - Add domains that go to the same website ie if your main site ends.co.uk, you add the same one with .com and .uk as aliases.
- Sub domains - Add a subdomain with its won DNS settings and folder
- Redirects - Manage how URLs will be redirected
- Zone Editor - Manage the DNS zone for any domains registered on the account
- Site Publisher - Add a free cPanel template website to any of your domains registered on your account.
- Manage email accounts
- Manage email forwarders
- Manage email routing per domain
- Default address
- Email lists
- Track delivery - see what is happening to your emails
- Set global email filters
- Email deliverability
- Address importer - import email accounts and forwarders
- Spam filters
- Configure grey listing
- Configure calendars and contacts
- Configure email encryption
- Box trapper settings
- See the amount of disk space used by email accounts
- Raw Access Logs
- Analogue stats
- Metrics editor
- Resource usage
- SSH access
- IP Blocker
- SSL/TLS management
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Manage API tokens
- Hotlink protection
- Leech protection
- WordPress Manager
- PHP Pear Packages
- Pearl modules
- Optimise website
- Multi PHP Manager
- Setup Node JS App
- Setup Python App
- Setup Ruby App
- Softaculous App Installer
- Cron jobs
- Track DNS
- Error pages
- MIME types
- Apache Handlers
- User Manager
- Password & Security
Get your cPanel Hosting Account now!